Eligibility to Enter the Team Competition
After entering the competition as an individual entrant (as per the conditions of entry previously stated) the entrant is entitled to enter the competition as a member of a team in accordance with the following conditions:
- The team entry fee is an additional fee of $10 per person;
- A team name is to be nominated at the time of online registration prior to the competition start;
- A maximum of 4 individual entrants are allowed per fishing team;
- The maximum number of 4 individual entrants per team must consist of at least 2 female entrants (senior or junior) – OR – consist of at least 2 junior entrants – OR – consist of at least 1 female entrant and 1 junior entrant. In an effort to continue to encourage family fishing, this means a team of 4 can only have a maximum of 2 senior male entrants;
- Teams entered in the non-live category cannot submit Spanish Mackerel, Jew and Cobia within the team competition (members of the team are still elegible to submit these species in the individual fishing competition); and
- Individuals within the teams are still eligible to compete in the general live and non-live fish category competition.
NOTE: Fish submitted for the individual competition are based on weight, while fish for the team competition are based on length. All fish submitted must meet QLD legal size.
Fish from the live category can be submitted by anyone within the team at the Live Weigh-In Station during the official live weigh-in times. At the station, the fish will be measured and entered as part of the team competition. Officials must be advised that the fish is to be included in the team competition.
Barramundi entered into the team competition must be entered as per the rules and conditions outlined in ‘Catch & Release’.
Fish from the non live fish category can be submitted by anyone within the team to the Non-Live Weigh-In Station during the official weigh-in times. At the station, the fish will be measured and entered as part of the team competition. Officials must be advised that the fish is to be included in the team competition
Fish from the non-live category can also be entered into the team competition as per the same rules and conditions outlined in ‘Catch & Release’.
Non-live fish submitted as per the team photo method to determine length are not eligible for the individual non-live weigh-ins of the competition.
Winning Team & Prizes
The winning team will be selected by a calculation of the total length of the team’s single longest fish submitted from each fish category (irrespective of who within the team submitted the fish).
The winning teams are awarded prizes for the longest grand total combined length across the 3 day competition for the Live or Non-Live Team Competition Category. One team can win one category only.
The winning Live or Non-Live Teams will win a fishing charter by Double Threat Charter Yeppon.